My original project file had become corrupt. Fortunately, I've been able to get the scripts back. I'd started recreating the most difficult parts first.
I'm nearly done redoing the menus. I've made a slotted inventory that'll include various backings, such as coffins and dirty beds.
I've made a little script that lets me change the weapons that the victims drop, since they don't have an inventory of their own. Now, I just need to figure out a way of making it so that when a victim goes near a weapon they can pick up by using the script.
The stat system is now called SLASH - Strength, Logic, Agility, Senses, and Hardness. If you're a human, the stats default at all 5, but you can reassign them at a minimum of 1 or a maximum of 10. Other races can set certain stats between 0 and 20.
I'm trying to implement a weapon and skill proficiency system. Depending on what type of weapon you're using (bludgeon, sharp, projectile, or trap) or skill (sneak, lockpick, or social) you'll get a small bonus depending on your SLASH stats and the points you spend on them each level.
Hi, I'm Minnim! You've said you were inspired by Wong's Cracked article, and so were tons of other people, which is awesome. Me and another inspired person have collected as many websites of Wong-inspired people we could find. I've put you on there - if you want to be removed or represented differently, let me know!
ReplyDeletehttp://thisblognameisavailable.blogspot.com/2013/01/list-of-wong-inspired-blogs.html
In any case, you haven't posted here in a while. 2013 has started! Let's make it awesome and let's make this game happen!
Shway. Thanks for the include. Good sized update coming soon.
DeleteNice, I'm looking forward to it!
DeleteGood evening Ny G / Phrozin, I hope you are doing well and recovering from your file issues.
ReplyDeleteI haven't decided what engine to use yet, RPG Maker looks good, but I want to draw more of the assets and write more of the story before I commit to something.
Thank you for your encouragement, I will keep up with your progress too.