Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Graphics Stuff

The weapon proficiency system is done. It was a small script and I wrote it on my phone, except I had to use parens ( ) instead of brackets [ ]. It was mainly a for loop, but I can still be proud of figuring that out.

I've been working on backdrops. They go behind your equipment slot dummy.

Chalk outline, open grave, casket, and dirty mattress
I'm also doing some work on the main display. I'm working on making hearts as a way of viewing your approximate health. Each race will have a set of hearts.

Human, Undead, Spirit, Werewolf, Vampire, and Hybrid
Victim kills will be represented by skulls dressed up as their corresponding character type.

Jock, Popular Girl, Token Black Guy, Stoner, and Final Girl
The Jock has the same helmet as Commander Keen, the Final Girl looks like Velma Dinkley, and the Token Black Guy has a Jheri curl.

Leave some feedback. It'll help this game get made.

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome, go you!

    I know this is absolutely your choice and you're doing it intentionally to make fun of the genre, but I'd suggest thinking about whether you want to really play into stereotypes that much (token black guy, 'girl' being specifically part of the descriptor whereas the other two are assumed to be guys (i.e. being a white guy is the default)).

    Otherwise, I like the look of your graphics, especially those hearts are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually going to make one of the Kickstarter rewards be that someone can be a victim. I'm pretty much leaving the appearance of the victims up to whomever pays for it. If there's any victim slots that haven't been filled by investors, I'm letting the game randomly generate the appearance.

      Delete